"When an old and distinguished person speaks to you, listen to him carefully and with respect – but do not believe him. Never put your trust in anything but your own intellect. Your elder, no matter whether he has gray hair or lost his hair, no matter whether he is a Nobel Laureate, may be wrong... So you must always be skeptical – always think for yourself." --Linus Pauling

10.29.2003

I hate L.A.

Maybe you haven't heard, but there's a transit strike going on in Los Angeles. This of course means that I have even less of a social life than usual, and getting to work on time is a problem on the best of days.

It's difficult to love a city that is routinely run with such blatant incompetence. It makes me think that I'd love to move back to Chicago, or to Seattle, or someplace else with a fine line in public transportation.

Right now, Seattle is winning for two reasons:

One, I've never lived there.

Two, I have friends who live there and are fun to drink with.

Three, the girls seem to like weird guys there and that suits me down to the ground.

I can't move anywhere at present though. I haven't gotten what I came for. Yet.

No comments: