"When an old and distinguished person speaks to you, listen to him carefully and with respect – but do not believe him. Never put your trust in anything but your own intellect. Your elder, no matter whether he has gray hair or lost his hair, no matter whether he is a Nobel Laureate, may be wrong... So you must always be skeptical – always think for yourself." --Linus Pauling

9.17.2003

The most anticipated book of the year

I have been extraordinarily lax about posting here lately. Totally amateurish on my part. That ends here.

2003 has just been an incredible year in terms of pop culture. By far though the thing I've been looking forward to the most is Neal Stephenson's new novel: Quicksilver. It's the follow-up to Cryptonomicon, and like that one deals with codes, power, money, freedom, and intellectual thrills. Simply put: Stephenson writes geek fiction.

Less than to go now, and I can't wait. I even took a vacation day so I could stay home and read his latest opus? Can you believe that?

(Reminder: Must get girlfriend immediately. If this were Bangkok, I could get one on the way home from work. Kidding.)

No comments: